Your cart is currently empty
What information do we collect about you?
We may collect personal information which we receive when:
- you use our website
- you use our services or products or
- you contact us
This may include information which you provide when you:
- contract with us
- enter information on our website
- enter information on our customer surveys/offers
- contact us directly in writing or by phone
We may collect the following types of information:
- your name, address, email address, telephone number(s) and other contact details
- information required to provide you with a service, and details of our services that you have used
- your company’s name (or business), your position in the company; the company’s address, company’s email address and telephone number
- your payment information such as credit or debit card details
- information collected through your use of our websites
- details of any enquiry or complaint you make
- information about the mail or parcels sent to you via our services
- your information when signing for receipt of a parcel or letter
How do we use the information we collect about you
We may use the personal information provided by you:
- to process your order or manage your account (if applicable)
- to contact you for your views on our services
- to notify you about important changes or developments to our site or services
- to provide a more personalised online experience
- for record keeping purposes
- to keep you informed about our products and services that we offer
- for market research purposes, on an anonymous basis to track activity on our site, to publish trends and/or to improve usefulness and content
Your personal information will be provided by UCCS to selected third parties:
- when customers have indicated they wish to receive information about products, services or promotions that may be of interest to them
- where services are provided together with a business partner and it is necessary to disclose the information to them in order to provide the services
- for the prevention of fraud against USL, third parties and customers
- for the purposes of identity verification
- to prevent money laundering
- to other third parties (including the police, law enforcement agencies, credit reference and fraud prevention agencies and other bodies) to protect our or another person’s rights, property, or safety including the exchange of information to protect against fraud and to reduce payment risks and in connection with the prevention and detection of crime
Keeping you informed
If you have bought or enquired about our products or services previously, we may also use the information we collect to let you know about our other products and services which may be of interest to you and to keep you updated with information about promotional offers.
Disclosure of your information
Your information may be used by UCCS only. We will never pass your personal data to anyone else, except any successors in title to our business and suppliers that process data on our behalf in the UK unless we have your consent.
Data Protection Notice
USL fully supports the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) and is committed to the protection of personal data belonging to our suppliers, customers and colleagues. Any personal information collected by UCCS will be used in accordance with the DPA. We are aware of our obligations under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and have adopted a proactive approach to the implementation of the new legislation in the United Kingdom. This includes reviewing existing policies and where appropriate developing and implementing new policies and procedures to ensure personal data is collected, stored and disposed of in a manner compliant with the requirements of the GDPR and any subsequent legislation from time to time in force.
We have taken appropriate measures to keep users' personal information secure. We are committed to keeping customers’ personal information secure to protect it from being inappropriately or accidentally accessed, used, shared or destroyed, and against it being lost. Internally, we restrict access to personal information. Only employees who need the information in order to do their jobs have access to it. We never transfer your data outside of the UK.
USL only retain customers’ personal information for as long as we need it to carry out a particular purpose or meet a particular obligation and we collate only the information absolutely necessary to minimise the amount of data held. You have a right to know about the personal information we hold about you. You also have a right to have your data corrected or deleted and we can provide you with a copy of your personal data that we hold, free of charge, in an electronic format. Requests must be made in writing to Univent Catering & Cleaning Supplies Limited, Unit 2, Bryant Road, Bayton Road Industrial Estate, Warwickshire, CV7 9EN and proof of identification is required in order to protect your information. We also require sufficient details to be able to locate your information. For example, dates and details of the products or services that you have used.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.